BIOGRAPHIES OF KEY EXECUTIVES: MARIA ZNAMENSKA & ANDREY KUROPYATNYK
Maria Znamenska, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Ophthalmology and
a Chief Medical Officer at Altris Inc.
- Practicing Ophthalmologist with 16+ years of experience
- Retina Imaging Expert with extensive knowledge of OCT and OCT-angiography
- Ph.D. in Ophthalmology
- MD in Healthcare Management
- Owner of the practicing expert eye clinic in Kyiv, Ukraine
- Running educational programs in Medical Retina, OCT, OCT-angiography, Glaucoma, Myopia, and Neuro-ophthalmology
- Member of the European Society of Retina Specialists
Experience in OCT
- Working with OCT since 2005 and OCT-angiography since 2016
- Teaching OCT interpretation to Retina specialists since 2013
- Leading a medical stream of R&D of the US health-tech company Altris Inc. since 2017
- Her medical team launched Altris Education OCT and OCT-angiography training courses for ophthalmologists in Eastern Europe and the CIS region at the beginning of 2020
Andrey Kuropyatnyk, MBA, CEO and Founder of Altris AI
- Over 18 years of experience as a tech entrepreneur in business leadership, analysis, consulting, and IT systems development
- Proven track record in the IT sector, specializing in process and project management
- Skilled in leading innovation, driving organizational efficiency, and motivating high-performing teams
- Extensive consulting background focused on process optimization and Agile implementation for software development teams
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- International Institute of Business, Ukrainian Program of Business Administration and Finance
- Kyiv National University of Technology and Design Master’s degree, Quality, standardization and certification
- Certifications in Enterprise Services Planning and Product Ownership
CURRENT PRESS RELEASE
AI-Enhanced OCT Analysis Workflow
Have you heard about the first AI-powered platform for OCT scan analysis cleared by the FDA in 2023? It is called Atris AI, and it can detect more than 70 retina pathologies and biomarkers on OCT scans. The list includes but is not limited to dry and wet AMD, Diabetic Retinopathy, and Geographic Atrophy. Altris AI was created by a team of retina experts under the supervision of its Medical Director, Maria Znamenska, MD, PhD, to assist eye care specialists with OCT interpretation.
The goal of the Altris AI team is to make the Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) analysis workflow more efficient. This is achieved with the help of AI algorithms that sort out pathological OCT scans and analyze them for the presence of retina pathologies and biomarkers.
First, the AI Severity detection module sorts out all non-pathological OCT scans. It means that an eye care specialist can work only with scans where retina pathologies and biomarkers are present. Which automatically means more time for patient communication.
Second, Altris AI analyzes pathological OCT scans on the presence/absence of 70+ retina pathologies and biomarkers. The list includes some very widespread pathologies and biomarkers, such as Geographic Atrophy, Diabetic Retionopathy, and various types of drusen, as well as rare biomarkers, such as Tapetoretinal Degeneration or Macular Telangiectasia Type 2. More than that, automated measurements of area and volume or biomarkers are available.
There is also a completely new module inside Altris AI that is worth mentioning: Glaucoma Risk Analysis. Early detection of glaucoma is challenging: the signs can be subtle, making them difficult to detect. Ganglion Cell Complex asymmetry analysis categorizes the risk of developing glaucoma. The module uses the same macula scans as the other Altris AI features and will help to determine which patients are at higher risk. Glaucoma Early Risk Assessment Module decreases the number of false positive referrals and increases the standard of care by supporting the early diagnosis; therefore, timely treatment will improve the patient’s prognosis.
Several months ago, Alris AI received FDA clearance in addition to the CE certificate that we had before. The system is also GDPR and HIPPA-compliant, meaning that patient data security is our core priority.
“At Altris AI, we are thrilled to introduce a new way of working with OCT: faster, more informative, and with more control,” said Maria Znamenska, Medical Director of Altris AI, MD, PhD in Ophthalmology. “Our team of retina experts and IT specialists has worked tirelessly to develop cutting-edge technologies that will set higher standards in the eye care industry and improve patient outcomes as a result.”
TESTIMONIALS can be found here.
IMAGES can be found here.